Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#16557 - 01/18/10 04:32 AM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 1-9-10) [Re: Corey Bechtold]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Loc: Fargo, ND
Originally Posted By: Corey Bechtold
Time to update??? grin

Good reports Kyle! Keep up the good work.

Later,

Corey Bechtold

Too tired.

Proud Moderator on Thorne Bros.!

#16812 - 01/22/10 05:24 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 1-9-10) [Re: Corey Bechtold]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Little late but I'll shoot up a quick report from last weekend on the big pond. Headed out there on Saturday and started out on the flats again. Didn't get very many eye this time around, which I attritubte to the increase in traffic over that part of the lake, but the perch were biting pretty good in the morning. Got a couple that were over 12. The afternoon was really tough, and once again I think it was the traffic. Should've tried moving around but we knew the fish were down there with the cameras. Baits of choice were small spoons with a minnow head. Also, spoons with a rattle seemed to help that day.

#17343 - 02/02/10 04:15 AM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 1-9-10) [Re: Corey Bechtold]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

I was invited by Jack to fish the Wacconia UPL event this past saturday. I said sure, but that was to be the first time I set foot on that lake. Didn't get the opportunity to pre-fish it, but Jack got out a couple times and he had a tough time getting anything to commit.

With that in mind, we started out the day on a deeper pocket that dipped to 20 feet with weeds around. Fished there and only got a few small crappies and a bunch of perch. After that bust, we decided to refocous on the shallows, hoping the fish we relating to the weeds. Took some time but we found a area that had some pockets in the weeds that were actually fishable.

After going through amost a tank of gas on the Solo we were able to get about 5 fishable holes. And the fish were moving through them. Jack sight fished all of his fish, which I credit to him were all of the keepers, and I lost a couple nice crappies and managed a few perch. Reading the fish coming through the weeds with the low power was key.

Corey stopped by for a hour or so to give us a little moral support (we needed it) and do a little fishing. And whatever drug he takes, I want some because the minute he put a lure down the hole, he's got a nice gill flopping on the ice. Green with envy, I snap a quick picture and away it swam... He got a few other good crappies out of that area too, but that's fishing I guess.

As far as lures of choice, red seemed to be really good. I found myself using a red Diamond Jig with either a pink or red Gulp! waxie. Jack was using red fatboy and either a Gulp! waxie and sometimes spikes.

We did OK for the tourny, placing 4th with 5 fish. Fishing was just really brutal that day. Not a bad day to fish though.

#17580 - 02/06/10 12:59 AM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: K Dawg]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Well, I've spent the past couple days on search mode hoping to get a pattern set for some gills and crappies. Over these few days, I've spent more time drilling holes than fishing.

Yesterday, I was fishing a shallow flat, mostly sand/muk with scattered weeds. There were some spear houses around and it looked promising. Only thing that came from the shallows were some smaller perch. Did have one fish break me off, but I suspect a northern. I ventured off the flat a little looking for developed weed edge, but there was nothing there but a few small walleyes.

Today I took off right after school and was fishing by 3:15. Same lake, same crappy conditions. Drilled over 100 holes and I failed to find anything but perch. Deep, shallow, weeds, suspended, nothing. Was definately frusturating, knowing that there are nice fish in this system.

Will be out there agian tomorrow. Need some more gas now.

#17750 - 02/11/10 03:19 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: K Dawg]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Takimg a trip up to lotw this weekend with me buddy and our dads. Hopefully the bite is going strong.

Spending our time on the ice in sportsman sleepers.

#17918 - 02/15/10 06:02 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: K Dawg]
Tom Dobbins Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

Loc: Blaine, MN
So how did it go? I am heading up there in a month, but always fun hearing reports from LOTW.

How did the Gulp! Alive minnows and heads work for you? Did you try any of the new leeches?

#17929 - 02/15/10 09:14 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: Tom Dobbins]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Just got back... Heading to work in a few minutes so no time for a report.

Didn't even bring the Gulp minnow heads. Those are just one thing I don't think I'll ever use. Real minnows all the way (for walleyes)!

#19224 - 03/10/10 04:32 AM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: K Dawg]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Fished the final UPL event of the year out on Clearwater this past weekend with by buddy Mike. Prefishing the past couple of weeks has been very rough out there. We did locate the crappies but the sunnies were difficult.

When the tournament rolled around, we decided to head off to some shallow water, with some sparse weeds. The action there was limited again to perch. Moved around a couple more times, staying on the west side until we finally got into some sunnies. It took us three hours to get eight fish to bring to the weigh in. With only an hour left of fishing, we decided to go deep in search of some crappies. Rumor had it that the fish had vacated that area, but they only slid twenty yards or so off it and we were quickly able to get on top of them and pull out five 11"ers. A couple more 8-9" fish to finish off the limit and we were hauling tail to the weigh in.

There was no way we could beat Jack and Mike, who won it with an outstanding weight of 9.3 lbs plus a bounus pound and an amazing crappie at 13.5", but we did manage to place second and walk away with some money.

It was a great day out there and the rain even held off till that night!

#19320 - 03/11/10 03:26 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: K Dawg]
Mike Morris Offline
Angler

Loc: South Haven
Originally Posted By: K Dawg
and we were hauling tail to the weigh in.

They enforce a speedlimit out there? If so, we easily would have gotten a ticket for 20 over grin

#19376 - 03/12/10 03:55 PM Re: Fishing reports... (updated 2-5-10) [Re: Mike Morris]
K Dawg Offline

TB Moderator

Here's a perch I pulled out of Mille Lacs earlier this season.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  K Dawg