Topic Options
#51798 - 05/16/14 12:52 PM mille lacs report
Matt Treno Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

Loc: Mille Lacs
The bite has been ok. Need some warmer temps to really get things going.. plastics and jig/minnow have been working well in the shallows. Rigging or vertical jigging in 15-20 ft as well. Whites and pinks on the plastics and chartreuse or red for jig/hook colors.
matttreno@hotmail.com

#51799 - 05/16/14 03:00 PM Re: mille lacs report [Re: Matt Treno]
Shane Hendricks Offline
TB Moderator

Loc: St. Paul, MN
Have you seen many slot fish Matt or mainly big girls out on the water? Also, does it seem the spawning isn't over yet up there?

We were on Winnie and most of the fish we saw had spawned but there were for sure some that hadn't yet.

Proud to be a Moderator of Thorne Bros
Shane@uppermidwestoutdoors.com
www.uppermidwestoutdoors.com

#51806 - 05/19/14 12:34 AM Re: mille lacs report [Re: Shane Hendricks]
Matt Treno Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

mainly big girls. only a couple of slots and over the weekend a few unders as well.. but its safe to say the average size is still in the mid 20's. the girls are spawned out. water temps around 52 main lake today
matttreno@hotmail.com

#51816 - 05/20/14 09:48 AM Re: mille lacs report [Re: Matt Treno]
Mark Pothen Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

Loc: Mounds View, Mn.
If it warms up this week. Memorial Weekend could be awesome

#52296 - 07/30/14 03:45 PM Re: mille lacs report [Re: Mark Pothen]
Matt Treno Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

walleye fishing has been good first thing in the morning and then last light. the daytime bite has been a bit tough with most of those bites coming around the mudflats. leadcore and spinner/crawlers have been the better daytime choices and nothing seems to beat the bobber and leech combo in the evenings. pink. red. and blue/white have been my better colors. some real nice perch coming in also this season which has me excited for the winter months... smallies have been on fire this season! find a rock pile and hold on.... tubes in white or green pumpkin have been working well but that same old bobber and leech combo you plan on using for walleyes will work just as well. muskies have been on the move - seems like we dont get very many follows but the fish we do see eat... deeper weed edges have been my go to areas. big blades have been best in my boat. water temps are mid 70's and the lake has come down some but is still very high.
matttreno@hotmail.com

#52401 - 08/26/14 09:32 AM Re: mille lacs report [Re: Matt Treno]
Matt Treno Offline
Thorne Bros Pro Staff

Walleyes seem to be biting a bit better than the last couple of weeks. Some nice fish being pulled from the main basin dragging lead and on deep diving cranks. Silver and chrome colors have been best in my boat. Keep an eye on your lines those little guys like to latch on and can be hard to detect if you dont see the bite.. the mornings and evenings have been best up on wind blow rocks. Bobber and a leech working well but i did do decent pulling shad raps tonight in 10-12 ft. smallies are biting between great and amazing! Darker colors being best but its really hard to beat a big fat crawler.. seem to be a bit deeper now but still in or close to giant rocks. I find myself in 12-14 ft of water most often lately.. keep catching more and more nice "token" walleyes while bass fishing
matttreno@hotmail.com